The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort, and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil and dust from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar, or suction only. When vacuuming high piles or premium soft carpets, look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet
Consider professional cleaning every 12–18 months, depending on traffic and other use factors, frequency of vacuuming, and whether the carpet is a light or dark color. To remove a dent caused by heavy furniture, stroke the carpet with the edges of a coin.
If flooding occurs from a burst pipe, washing machine overflow, or another type of leak, the carpet needs to be dried, front and back, by a professional cleaner with the proper equipment.
Tips for Removing Common Stains
- For carpet care, a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is the best way to remove stains effectively. Use the attachment with the best suction and vacuum as much of the stain as possible, continuing to add water to the stain as you go. Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove.
- If spot removal solvent is necessary, use a low residue carpet spot remover that has been approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America. Apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If a color change occurs or color transfers to the cloth, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- Place towels or cloth over the wet area and weigh with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
- If stains remain after cleaning, moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until the carpet is stain–free. No rinsing is necessary. Apply a pad of paper towels and weigh them down, allowing the carpet to dry.
- Some stains cannot be removed because they permanently alter the carpet’s color. These stains include acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, mustard with turmeric, and plant fertilizers. For these types of stains, call a professional. In order to maintain and protect your warranty coverage under the terms of these warranties, you must do the following: A minimum of one professional cleaning every 18 months is required.
Carpet is one of the most versatile flooring options thanks to its huge variety of styles, materials, colors, and brands. The best way to protect your new carpet and its manufacturer's warranty is to have trained professionals handle your installation, so choose the team at Piedmont Floor Show for installers you can trust.
Start Your Flooring Experience
SHOP AT HOME
We make shopping for flooring easy! We bring hundreds of quality samples right to your home. Simply fill out the form to set up an appointment that fits your schedule.
Take advantage of our visualizer tools to see our select flooring styles in your own home. Upload your photo to see YOUR room come to life!
Not sure where to start with your new flooring project? Get the support you need from experts you can trust! Click below or visit our Lynchburg, VA showroom to learn more!